OpenSource Leadership Strategies, Inc. addresses the leadership and organization development needs of nonprofits and other social change agents across the nation and globe who want to be the change they seek in the world. OpenSource works with Client Partners to align mission-driven outcomes (i.e., what you want to accomplish) with strategy, structure, and culture (i.e., how you accomplish it) for greater impact and integrity.
We believe that good ideas come from a variety of sources – across disciplines, sectors, cultures – that can be integrated and adapted to meet each Client Partner’s needs. Using tested strategies and tools, our diverse, dynamic, and highly skilled network of consultants co-creates a customized process with you – to unleash your own wisdom and transformative power to achieve meaningful and lasting results.
What Does OpenSource Do?
OpenSource consults to social change agents – nonprofits, foundations, grassroots groups, local and national networks, social entrepreneurs, triple bottom line enterprises, and others – around the country and globe. Our consulting capabilities include:
Amplifying Impact through Strategic Planning
and Thinking (more)
- Developing your strategic road map
- Clarifying and articulating your theory of social change
- Evaluating results for continuous improvement and learning
- Moving successfully to the next stage of organizational life
- Strengthening your capacity for advocacy and systemic change
- Building and working in coalitions
- We also work with foundations to hone their grantmaking and community leadership strategies
--- less ---
Transforming Organizations through Strategic
Culture Change (more)
- Dismantling oppression and manifesting justice (more)
- Discovering shared values
- Leading and leveraging change
- Shaping leadership and governance to reflect your constituency and social change mission
Advancing the Social Change Sector through Strategic
Field Building (more)
- Creating new knowledge through systematic research and written documentation
- Developing popular education curricula
- Weaving networks and strategic alliances
- Facilitating leadership development for social change
--- less ---
With every engagement, the OpenSource team adds value to your work by blending the roles of facilitator, expert, and advocate, applying our social justice values and power lens through these specific deliverables:
- Asset-Based Inquiry and Discovery – Systematically gathering and synthesizing information from stakeholders and other sources through interviews, surveys, focus groups, asset maps, environmental scans, and meta research to accurately read the current reality and uncover possibilities for the future.
- Facilitated Dialogue and Decision Making – Reframing conflict as a force for positive change and building consensus across differences to open a pathway for collective planning and action.
- Leadership Development and Coaching – Building individual and collective capacities for sustainable organizational change.
- Communicating Results – Providing written documentation of your process and decisions through reports, case stories, and organizational histories and making formal presentations to a variety of audiences.
Each project is unique.
Contact OpenSource to create an engagement that meets your needs.
Our Pricing Philosophy (more)
OpenSource values relationships over transactions. We do not have standard daily or hourly rates – in part, because we very rarely engage in discrete, short-term, tactical interventions that can be measured in days or hours. Rather, just as the engagement must be customized to each client-partner’s needs, the fee structure also must be customized to reflect the value and complexity of the deliverable as well as the budget and capacity of the client-partner. If there’s a fit between your needs and our capabilities, if we are clear on the scope of work, and if we share a spirit of working in partnership, we are confident that we can negotiate a fee that allows both of us to be sustainable.
--- less ---